Most people tend to relocate towards the end of the year. Due to this, it is no surprise that the search query “Sell my house fast in Fort Lauderdale FL”, gets a lot of popularity during this period. At Liberty House Buying Group, we buy houses in Fort Lauderdale FL. And because of our professionalism, many home owners reach out to us to get cash for houses in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Their usual words are, “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Fort Lauderdale. “The fantastic news is that we can assist many of these sellers in selling their homes quickly (since we are actively purchasing houses in Fort Lauderdale FL, right now!).
There are an unbelievable amount of things to keep track of, not to mention the stress of whatever is driving you to relocate in the first place – sometimes a new job or a sick relative, but the actual need to relocate always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to find yourself paying to own and maintain a vacant house for two years. That adds up quickly, and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market in Fort Lauderdale is pretty stable right now, things may change in the blink of an eye. Over the last few decades, we’ve heard some horrific stories. You probably can’t afford to wait it out unless you’re filthy rich.
So, how can you make the best decisions when relocating and need to sell your Fort Lauderdale FL house fast? Especially when you are moving long distance from your current location.
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Fort Lauderdale… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do so, contact a respected real estate agent or connect with us and we will provide you with a free, no-obligation valuation of your property. Once you know what the property may be able to sell for in the current market, you may determine when to call a mover in FL or how long you will be able or willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is important. I’ve seen professionals who relocated out of state for work put their house on the market for over a year before selling it for considerably less than they had intended. Determine how quickly you need to sell your home… and how long you’re willing to continue making two mortgage payments, insurance payments, and so on.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get started as soon as possible to avoid wasting time. Every month you wait, or every month it takes to sell the house… costs you money. If you don’t want to sell through a real estate agent, we are a reputable local house buyer and would be delighted to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to get the best price on our homes. But one thing that many people neglect to do is calculate how much it costs to keep this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which, assuming you’re still in the first 10 years of the mortgage, will be mostly interest and very little principal), insurance, taxes, maintenance, and so on. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance and repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it costs you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs”, + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyer’s agent and 3% for the seller’s agent). Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even take into account the value of your time, your stress about the home being on the market, the opportunity cost of what you might have done with that extra money over those 7 months, and so on. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.But what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (let’s say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you choose… decide and act. If you want to use a real estate agent, that’s fantastic! Find a reputable local Fort Lauderdale FL agent. If you’d rather not wait and avoid paying real estate agent commissions, selling your property to us may be a reasonable option 🙂
Moving with kids may not give you enough time. However, If you have a lot of time on your hands and a fantastic home, you might want to test the market by listing it at a high price. There’s a slim chance that someone may fall in love and be prepared to overpay – people would do anything for love.
In reality, most properties are average. They tend to be like the other houses around them, just as people who live close together seem to have a lot in common. So, unless your home is absolutely extraordinary, as in magazine-quality extra-special, pricing at the highest point will not net you the most money in the market.
You may also win if you offer your house for both rent and sale at the same time, simply to see which one sells first. You must keep control of the process, which can be confusing even to experienced real estate brokers.
In some cases, we may work with property owners to negotiate lease option agreements in which highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed-upon period before purchasing.
In other cases, we may assist you in renegotiating a loan, making monthly payments, or completing a short sale with a bank.
We love assisting people in resolving difficult challenges.
Creative solutions can help bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Here’s a detailed article on how to move if your house hasn’t sold yet. The tips will help you relocate with ease.
Who Is Liberty House Buying Group, And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Fort Lauderdale?
We are investors. We help our families and beautify neighborhoods by purchasing homes from Fort Lauderdale residents who need to sell fast for a variety of reasons.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re driven individuals that believe in the Fort Lauderdale community.
We are straightforward and honest.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
You may handle the sale of your property from a distance if you’re willing to wait and can pay professionals to assist you. That risk can pay off in some circumstances.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Fort Lauderdale real estate, so please feel free to call us at 786-400-2675 and chat with us anytime.
Sell My House In Fort Lauderdale
Liberty House Buying Group has made a name as the reputable homebuyers in Fort Lauderdale FL. So if you are wondering how I can sell my house fast in Florida without stress, simply fill out the online form to get a cash offer instantly.